Terms and Conditions
- Customer assumes responsibility to pay the agreed price which is due according to the payment terms stated in the quote.
- All prices are net prices which means that all additional charges like VAT, customs and other charges imposed by a third party shall be borne by the customer.
- Customer agrees to pay via the following payment methods: Bank Transfer, Transferwise, Paypal and/or Skrill.
- Customer will only obtain usage rights for deliverables once payment is made in full. Non-payment may result in the interdiction of the usage rights.
Cancellations and Booking fees
- Should a customer cancel an order after it has been initiated, Voice Crafters will be entitled to charge a recording fee. The fee cannot be higher than the value of the order.
- If a live session or a voice actor booking is cancelled less than one working day before it was due to take place, Voice Crafters will be entitled to charge a booking fee. The fee cannot be higher than the value of the order.
- Voice Crafters takes pride in delivering high-quality audio/video products quickly. Most of our orders are delivered on or before their deadlines. However, it is inevitable that some orders are delayed. In such cases we always strive to be creative and find an alternative solution which will satisfy the customer.
- The customer may not claim damages caused by delay for late deliveries or services.
- Customer understands that ANY amendments / changes in the script provided AFTER the recording has taken place will be subject to an additional fee.
- Retakes and text amendments will be accepted up to 45 days after delivery.
- Should a customer choose a voice talent for a project and decide not to use their voice – the customer will still bear the cost of the recording.
- Errors made by Voice Crafters and their suppliers will be amended without further cost to the customer.
- Errors can be: Reading errors, pronunciation errors (despite supplied pronunciation aid), failure to adhere to the style indicated by the customer.
- Errors in post-production work, such as file splitting, file naming etc. are also the responsibility of Voice Crafters.
- Changes in creative direction are not considered errors and are therefore subject to an additional fee by Voice Crafters.
Customers wishing to direct talents online understand that an extra fee applies to this service. With online direction, the client is responsible to describe to the talent exactly what style they are looking for. In addition, and pronunciation issues are to be resolved during the session.
Given that errors in pronunciation and style are corrected during the session, any pickup requests after the session will be subject to extra fees.
Contacting Voice Actors
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU AGREE TO CONTACT TALENTS ON VOICE CRAFTERS’ WEBSITE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH VOICE CRAFTERS (THE AGENCY) AND NOT DIRECTLY.
- Talent payments are generally issued based on EOM (End of Month) + 30 – 45. This means that if a project has been completed on April 12th, payment can be expected between May 30th to June 15th.
- Voice Crafters typically issues payment back-to-back, that is, when funds are received from customers for any given project. We do everything possible to expedite payments and often issue payments before funds are received, but this is the exception – not the rule.
- At this time, Voice Crafters’ exclusive forms of payment are Paypal and Skrill.
- Voice Crafters takes pride in a speedy turnaround for all projects. We expect most projects (up to 1,000 words) to be turned around within 24-48 hours.
- We reserve the right not to work with talents whose work is consistently late / delayed with no reasonable justification.
- We ask that voice actors email us to notify when they are unavailable due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Voice Crafters requires all talents to own / have uninterrupted access to a broadcast-quality recording facility. We reserve the right not to work with talents who deliver audio in poor quality.
- When tasked with a new project, unless stated in advance, it is the voice actor’s responsibility to check the following:
- Pronunciation of words they are not sure of.
- Delivery style requested by the client.
- Audio format of deliverables (e.g. AIF, WAV, mp3, etc.)
- Re-recordings shall be performed at no charge in the following scenarios:
- Reading errors, pronunciation errors, failure to adhere to the style indicated by the customer.
- Errors in post-production work, such as file splitting, file naming etc. (when relevant).
- Changes in copy made by the customer post-recording are typically charged. Generally speaking, we compensate the talent for such changes, depending on the level of changes requested.
By accepting the terms of service, you agree to the following non-disclosure agreement:
This Nondisclosure Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Voice Crafters with its principal offices at San Jose, Costa Rica, (“Disclosing Party”) and voice actor (“Receiving Party”) for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined below. The parties agree to enter into a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of certain proprietary and confidential information (“Confidential Information”).
- Definition of Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall include all information or material that has or could have commercial value or other utility in the business in which Disclosing Party is engaged. If Confidential Information is transmitted orally, the Disclosing Party shall promptly provide a written indication that such oral communication constituted Confidential Information.
- Exclusions from Confidential Information. Receiving Party’s obligations under this Agreement do not extend to information that is: (a) publicly known at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes publicly known through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) discovered or created by the Receiving Party before disclosure by Disclosing Party; (c) learned by the Receiving Party through legitimate means other than from the Disclosing Party or Disclosing Party’s representatives; or (d) is disclosed by Receiving Party with Disclosing Party’s prior written approval.
- Obligations of Receiving Party. Receiving Party shall hold and maintain the Confidential Information in strictest confidence for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Disclosing Party. Receiving Party shall carefully restrict access to Confidential Information to employees, contractors and third parties as is reasonably required and shall require those persons to sign nondisclosure restrictions at least as protective as those in this Agreement. Receiving Party shall not, without prior written approval of Disclosing Party, use for Receiving Party’s own benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of Disclosing Party, any Confidential Information. Receiving Party shall return to Disclosing Party any and all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in its possession pertaining to Confidential Information immediately if Disclosing Party requests it in writing.
- Time Periods. The nondisclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party’s duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first.
- Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venturer or employee of the other party for any purpose.
- Severability. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be interpreted so as best to effect the intent of the parties.
- Integration. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
- Waiver. The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights.
Disclosure of Personal Details
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO DIVULGE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS AND TO CONTACT CUSTOMERS SOLICITING YOUR SERVICES THROUGH VOICE CRAFTERS’ WEBSITE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH VOICE CRAFTERS (THE AGENCY) AND NOT DIRECTLY.