Using our Online Platform
- Voice actors can receive quotes requests directly from customers through our online platform. Voice actors can also monitor their proposals, projects they have been selected to work on, and – ultimately receive payment.
Payments are held in escrow until the successful completion of the job, at which time customers agree to release funds from escrow for the voice actor.
- Voice actor agrees to provide details about their pickup and revision policy to the customer they are working with before commencing work on the project, to avoid misunderstandings and disputes.
- In cases where a dispute arises between the customer and the voice actor, voice actor agrees to do their utmost to resolve the dispute with the customer.
In cases where a dispute cannot be resolved with the customer, voice actor agrees to have Voice Crafters mediate and unequivocally accepts any solution provided by Voice Crafters.
Voice Crafters, in turn, will do everything in its power to reach a fair and just solution for all parties involved.
- Voice Crafters reserves its right not to mediate cases where clients and voice actors communicate outside of its platform.
- For offline/managed projects, talent payments are generally issued based on EOM (End of Month) + 30 – 45. This means that if a project has been completed on April 12th, payment can be expected between May 30th to June 15th.
- Voice Crafters typically issues payment back-to-back, that is, when funds are received from customers for any given project. We do everything possible to expedite payments and often issue payments before funds are received, but this is the exception – not the rule.
- At this time, Voice Crafters’ exclusive forms of payment are Paypal and Transferwise.
- Voice Crafters takes pride in a speedy turnaround for all projects. We expect most projects (up to 1,000 words) to be turned around within 24-48 hours.
- We reserve the right not to work with voice actors whose work is consistently late / delayed with no reasonable justification.
- We reserve the right not to work with voice actors who do not provide satisfactory service through our online platform.
- We ask that voice actors update their account settings when they are unavailable due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Voice Crafters requires all talents to own or have uninterrupted access to a broadcast-quality recording facility. We reserve the right not to work with talents who deliver audio in poor quality.
- When tasked with a new project, unless stated in advance, it is the voice actor’s responsibility to check the following:
- Pronunciation of words they are not sure of.
- Delivery style requested by the client.
- Audio format of deliverables (e.g. AIF, WAV, mp3, etc.)
- Re-recordings shall be performed at no charge in the following scenarios:
- Reading errors, pronunciation errors, failure to adhere to the style indicated by the customer.
- Errors in post-production work, such as file splitting, file naming etc. (where applicable).
- Changes in copy made by the customer post-recording are typically charged. Generally speaking, talent is compensated for such changes, depending on the level of changes requested.
By accepting the terms of service, voice actor agrees to the following non-disclosure agreement:
This Nondisclosure Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Voice Crafters with its principal offices at San Jose, Costa Rica, (“Disclosing Party”) and voice actor (“Receiving Party”) for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined below. The parties agree to enter into a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of certain proprietary and confidential information (“Confidential Information”).
- Definition of Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall include all information or material that has or could have commercial value or other utility in the business in which Disclosing Party is engaged. If Confidential Information is transmitted orally, the Disclosing Party shall promptly provide a written indication that such oral communication constituted Confidential Information.
- Exclusions from Confidential Information. Receiving Party’s obligations under this Agreement do not extend to information that is: (a) publicly known at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes publicly known through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) discovered or created by the Receiving Party before disclosure by Disclosing Party; (c) learned by the Receiving Party through legitimate means other than from the Disclosing Party or Disclosing Party’s representatives; or (d) is disclosed by Receiving Party with Disclosing Party’s prior written approval.
- Obligations of Receiving Party. Receiving Party shall hold and maintain the Confidential Information in strictest confidence for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Disclosing Party. Receiving Party shall carefully restrict access to Confidential Information to employees, contractors and third parties as is reasonably required and shall require those persons to sign nondisclosure restrictions at least as protective as those in this Agreement. Receiving Party shall not, without prior written approval of Disclosing Party, use for Receiving Party’s own benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of Disclosing Party, any Confidential Information. Receiving Party shall return to Disclosing Party any and all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in its possession pertaining to Confidential Information immediately if Disclosing Party requests it in writing.
- Time Periods. The nondisclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party’s duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first.
- Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venturer or employee of the other party for any purpose.
- Severability. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be interpreted so as best to effect the intent of the parties.
- Integration. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
- Waiver. The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights.
Disclosure of Personal Details
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO DIVULGE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CUSTOMERS. FURTHERMORE YOU AGREE TO CONTACT CUSTOMERS SOLICITING YOUR SERVICES THROUGH VOICE CRAFTERS’ WEBSITE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH VOICE CRAFTERS (THE AGENCY) AND NOT DIRECTLY.